This is a printer-friendly page
Blushing Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 crusty French sandwich rolls
- 4 ounces chevre (goat) cheese
- 1 can OregoN Pitted Dark Sweet Cherries, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup lowfat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon each Dijon-style mustard and chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
Slice sandwich rolls in half horizontally, leaving one long side attached. Spread one ounce cheese on cut side of bottom half of each roll.
Combine cherries, mayonnaise, mustard and basil; mix well. Spread 3 to 4 tablespoons cherry mixture on cut side of top half of each roll.
For each sandwich arrange 2 ounces turkey on cheese and top with 1/2 cup spinach leaves. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
1. Substitute one 12-ounce loaf baguette for sandwich rolls.
2. Substitute ham for turkey and Swiss or Cheddar cheese for chevre cheese.
3. Substitute leafy lettuce for spinach.
4. Omit turkey. Mix 4 ounces chevre cheese with 1/3 cup chopped Kalamata olives and 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, before spreading on rolls.