4 oz Reserved liquid from Oregon Specialty Fruit Canned Blueberries
¼ cup Sherry Vinegar
2 T. Honey
½ tsp Kosher Salt
1/3 cup Olive oil
4 cups Baby Greens (Spinach, Kale, Arugula)
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
1 can Oregon Specialty Fruit Canned Blueberries, drained
8-oz Halloumi Cheese (Queso Para La Parrilla can be substituted)
1 T Olive Oil
1-1/2 tsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
¼ cup Fresh Mint, chopped
Kosher salt to taste
1 Lemon, cut into wedges
Warm Pita Bread, grilled or toasted
To make the dressing:
- In jar or mixer add blueberry liquid, sherry vinegar, honey and salt and blend.
- With blender running at low speed, add olive oil and blend until it becomes emulsified. This will
take under 1-minute. Makes 1-1/4 cups dressing.
To make the salad:
- Toss the greens, red onion and a few tablespoons of the blueberry dressing and arrange on a platter.
In a small bowl, mix the blueberries with ¼ cup dressing and set aside.
- Preheat the grill. Brush the cheese with olive oil on both sides and lightly season with salt. Place the
cheese on the grill and cook for 3-minutes on each side or until grill marks form and cheese begins to
melt. Sprinkle the cheese with ½ tsp. tablespoon thyme and transfer to the platter of greens.
- Drizzle the dressed Blueberries over the salad, garnish with the remaining thyme, chopped mint and feta
- Serve immediately with warm pita bread, lemon wedges to squeeze over the Halloumi and additional
dressing on the side.