4 to 5 medium tart apples, sliced
1 (14 oz) Oregon Specialty Fruit, Red Tart Cherries, drained
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
3 tablespoons butter
6 large eggs
1-1/2 cups orange juice
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apples, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in butter until apples begin to soften, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Add a can of drained Oregon Red Tart Cherries.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, orange juice, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour over apple mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.