Our “Fill it with Fruit” Pastry Dough:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup (1-sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 cans of any Oregon Specialty Fruit™ Berries – blueberries, blackberries, boysenberries or raspberries
1/3 cup of sugar
2 tablespoon flour
pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoon Turbinado sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Sift in the baking powder to assure there are no lumps.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and add the flour mixture and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured board and knead until smooth, about 2-minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until slightly firm, but not hard about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the drained berries with the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Lightly flour a large work surface and roll out the dough to a 12- to 13-inch round. Transfer to large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the fruit in the center of the dough, leaving about 1-1/2 inches of space around the perimeter of the dough empty. Fold the outside edge of the dough over the fruit, making occasional pleats. Brush the crust with the egg. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar evenly over the dough and fruit.
- Bake galette until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling, 45–50 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Makes 8 servings.