1 cup Oregon Fruit Blackberries, drained
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted (Sifted sugar prevents clumping)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Puree drained Oregon(r) blackberries in a small food processor or blender.
- Strain out the seeds using a rubber spatula to push the pulp through a fine mesh strainer, leaving the seeds behind.
- Set the pureed blackberries aside and discard the seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Reduce the speed, and carefully add in the confectioners’ sugar adding ¼ cup at a time, mixing until incorporated.
- After all confectioners’ sugar has been added, then add vanilla and the blackberry puree. Increase speed to medium, and beat until smooth and fully combined.
- Frost your cupcakes and top with reserved blackberry
Use additional confectioners' sugar for a thicker consistency.
Recipe adapted from http://tideandthyme.com/lemon-cupcakes-with-blackberry-buttercream-frosting/