1 can Oregon Fruit Blueberries, well drained
1 cup butter, softened to room temperature, plus more for pan
1 cup granulated white sugar
Zest of one large lemon
2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for pan
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8.5" x 4.5" loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Rub the lemon zest into the sugar with your fingers, then add the sugar to the butter and continue mixing for about 2-3 minutes more, or until all the sugar is completely combined with the butter.
- Add eggs one at a time, allowing them to mix in completely before adding the next one.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture slowly to the wet ingredients while the mixer is running on low speed, scraping down sides as necessary. Once flour is just combined, removed the bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the blueberries.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20-30 minutes, then removed from pan, slice and serve warm.