1 C cake flour (or 1 C minus 2 T all-purpose flour)
3/4 C yellow cornmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 C granulated sugar
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/3 C plain low-fat yogurt
2 T lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 can Oregon Blueberries, drained
1 T confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With parchment or waxed paper, line the bottom of a 9X5-inch loaf pan and spray well with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, oil, egg, yogurt, lemon juice and peel.
- Fold in flour mixture just until combined, then fold in drained blueberries. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. With a knife, loosen edges before inverting cake on a plate to cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, sift confectioners' sugar over the top.