2 cans Oregon Boysenberries (drained, reserve syrup from one can)
1/2 Cup sugar
3 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine (optional)
Pastry for a double crust, 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Drain the berries and reserve the syrup from one can.
- In a saucepan stir the Boysenberry syrup into the combined mixture of the cornstarch and half
of the sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in the remaining sugar, boysenberries and lemon juice. Let stand while
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry and fill with fruit filling. Dot with
butter or margarine. Adjust top crust on pie, cutting slits for steam to escape, and seal.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.