2 cans of Oregon Fruit Dark Sweet Cherries, drained
1-15.5oz chocolate Cake mix
1 Large Egg
Oil (according to chocolate Cake Directions)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
½ c Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 oz Chocolate Barr
- Drain and Save 8 whole cherries for top of trifle. Halve the remaining cherries. Set aside.
- To make cake: Mix cake according to directions – bake in 12x9 sheet pan for 15-20 minutes. Cool. Once cooled, cut into 1” pieces.
- To make pudding: In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Whisk in the milk - a little at a time - so the mixture does not have any dry lumps.
- Place in the microwave, and cook for 3 minutes on high. Stir, then cook at 1 minute intervals, stirring between cooking times for 2 to 4 minutes, or until shiny and thick. Stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- To make Whip Cream, beat heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks.
- To assemble Trifle: In empty Trifle Dish, layer:
a. ½ of cake cubes
b. ½ of pudding
c. ½ of cherry halves
d. ½ of whipped cream
*Repeat the layering with remaining cake, pudding, cherries and whipped cream. Top with whole cherries. Take the chocolate bar and using a peeler, shave the chocolate over the top of the trifle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.