1 can Oregon Fruit Dark Sweet Cherries
1 loaf of thick sliced white bread
4 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Optional: Fresh fruit of your choice (Strawberries, bananas, etc)
Makes 4 servings
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until blended.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1/2 a tablespoon of butter in the pan.
- Dip bread slices in the egg mixture until evenly coated. Cook in skillet over medium heat, until nicely browned on both sides, 2-4 minutes per side. Set cooked slices aside, and allow to cool sightly. Repeat until you've reached your desired amount of slices. (We recommend 1-2 slices of bread per person.)
- Once the french toast is cool enough to handle, cut into cubes
- Assemble the skewers, with alternating fruit and french toast cubes.
- Serve on a platter, dusted with powdered sugar and dip in Strawberry Pourable Fruit!