2 cans Oregon Dark Sweet Cherries, drained
1/4-1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup syrup from cherries
1 tablespoon butter
Pastry for 2-crust 9" pie
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar with cornstarch. Stir in cherry syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture bubbles; cook one minute longer.
- Add remaining sugar, if desired, plus cherries and butter. Let stand while preparing pastry.
- Line 9" pie plate with pastry, fill with fruit mixture. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for escape of steam, and seal.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes
- Cool completely before serving.