2 cans of Oregon Fruit Dark Sweet Cherries
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Empty the cherries with the liquid into a saucepan, reserving 3 tablespoons of liquid in a small bowl.
- Add the cornstarch to the reserved cherry liquid and stir until dissolved.
- Add sugar and lemon juice to the cherries in the saucepan and heat to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and stir until thick.
- Let cool and use as needed in your favorite recipe, such as our Dark Sweet Cherry Turnovers or your favorite cherry pie recipe.
You will have leftover pie filling for this recipe to enjoy for another use. We love it spooned over vanilla ice cream!