1 recipe DIY Dark Sweet Cherry Pie Filling
1 box Puff Pastry Dough (found in the freezer section), thawed according to package instructions
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut thawed puff pastry dough into 8 equal squares, rolling the dough slightly to obtain a square shape if necessary.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the pie filling into the center of each square. Brush the beaten egg around the edges and press to seal, crimping with a fork.
- Brush the top of each square with the egg wash and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.