3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbs. sugar
½ tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup (2-sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Sift in the baking powder to assure there are no lumps.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and add the flour mixture and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured board and knead until smooth, about 2-minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until slightly firm, but not hard about 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half and form each half into a ball. Roll each ball of dough into a disc slightly larger than the circumference of the pie pan.
- Can be used for single or double pie crust.
Serves 8-16 (makes two 9-inch single crust pies or one double-crust pie).