1/2 C sugar
3 tsp flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 can Oregon Gooseberries
Pastry for 9 inch pie pan
6 T butter or margarine
6 T brown sugar
3/4 C flour
- Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Drain the syrup from the gooseberries. Add the sugar mixture to the syrup.
- Cook until thickened. Gently stir in gooseberries.
- Pour into pastry-lined 9 inch pie pan.
- For the topping: mix as follows: Cream the butter and brown sugar. Cut in the flour until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over pie. Leave an opening in the center for steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Finish baking at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool.