Pre made refrigerated pie crust
1- 15oz. can Oregon Fruit Blueberries, Blackberries, Red Tart Cherries or Dark Sweet Cherries, drained
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup sugar
1 T cornstarch
Pinch of coarse salt
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1-egg slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lie 2- baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together, fruit, sugar, lemon juice, salt and cornstarch until well combined. Set fruit mixture aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface roll out pie shell and cut into 6 rounds approximately 5-inches in diameter. Working one round at a time, place 2-tablespoons of fruit mixture in the center. Brush the edges with beaten egg and fold in half. Repeat process with remaining rounds.
- Place hand pies on prepared baking sheet. Brush pies with remaining egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.. Using a sharp knife or scissors, snip the center of the pie to allow steam to release.
- Transfer baking sheet to hot oven and bake until crusts are golden brown and filling is bubbling about 25-30 minutes. Cool slightly on a rack. Serve warm.