2 cans Oregon Fruit Purple Plums (halved, pitted and drained, reserve syrup)
1/3 cup oil
¼ cup vanilla yogurt
¼ cup sugar
1 cup flour
½ cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Mix together dry ingredients except almonds.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil, eggs and yogurt.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into baking pan and paint top with some of the reserved syrup.
- Place plums on top of batter, and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (ovens vary) or until lightly browned.
- You may test doneness with a toothpick. Cool and enjoy.