1 Can Oregon Blueberries, drained
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour + 3 Tbs to mix with Blueberries
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
2 tablespoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8x4” loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together.
- In another mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir dry mixture into egg mixture alternating with milk.
- In the empty dry mixture bowl add blueberries and toss with reserved flour; coat blueberries to prevent sinking.
- Fold lemon zest into batter.
- Fold blueberries into batter quickly, then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool bread on a wire rack for 40 min. then release from pan.
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in a small bowl mix until a smooth glaze forms.
- Drizzle on completely cooled bread.