2 cups Heavy cream
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Large limes, zest and juice
Pinch of salt
Blackberry cassis compote
1 can Oregon Specialty Fruit™ Blackberries, drained, reserve juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Corn starch
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
2 tablespoons Crème de Cassis
- Remove wide strips of lime zest from limes. Bring cream, lime strips, salt and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan
over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly to prevent mixture from boiling over. Cook until mixture is slightly
thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and discard lime strips.
- Stir in 1/2 cup fresh lime juice and cool 10 mins.
- Fill individual dessert cups. Cover and chill possets until set, at least 4 hours.
- Drain blackberries and reserve juice. Set Blackberries aside along with 1/4 cup Blackberry juice.
Combine remaining juice from blackberries and Crème de Cassis in a medium saucepan and cook on medium-high until juice has reached a low simmer.
- Add cornstarch to reserved blackberry juice, and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to simmering juice, and stir well until liquid is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add blackberries and lemon juice to thickened sauce and stir until berries are enrobed in sauce.
- Top with Blackberry Cassis Compote and whipped cream. Garnish with Lime Zest.