2 cans Oregon Blackberries (drained, reserve syrup from 1 can)
6 T sugar (more or less to taste)
3 T cornstarch
2 T lemon juice (optional)
1 T butter or margarine (optional)
Pastry for a double crust, 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Drain the berries and reserve the syrup from one can.
- Stir the blackberry syrup into the combined mixture of cornstarch and half of the sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Gently stir in remaining sugar, blackberries and lemon juice. Let stand while
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with pastry and fill with fruit filling. Dot with butter or margarine.
- Adjust top crust on pie, cutting slits for steam to escape, and seal.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.