1 can Oregon Fruit Rhubarb in Strawberry Sauce
1 loaf crusty French bread (medium width is best 12-18 inch length)
4 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
4 whole eggs
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
Serves up to 6
- Heat electric skillet to 325-350.
- Cut French bread into 2 inch thick slices, then use a paring knife to make a medium slit in the crusty side of each slice as deep as possible creating a pocket for the stuffing. You can pull some of the bread material in the middle out to make a deeper pocket.
- Drain Oregon Fruit Rhubarb in Strawberry Sauce can into a small bowl and reserve the liquid. Add rhubarb to the softened cream cheese and mix well.
- Stuff the pocket in each slice of French bread with the Rhubarb cream cheese mixture. Place stuffed slices on a baking sheet.
- When skillet temp is ready, add butter and melt.
- Dip each stuffed slice in egg mixture and place in the hot skillet. Cook 3 to 6 minutes on each side until it reaches a golden brown color.
- Serve immediately with the reserved Rhubarb Strawberry liquid as a syrup.