1 can Oregon Purple Plums, drained, reserve syrup
1 cup flour, sifted
pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
1 ¼ cup milk
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Reserved plum syrup
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain plums, reserving syrup. Pat plums dry, then cut in half and remove pits.
- In a separate bowl, measure 1 cup sifted flour and pinch of salt.
- Add beaten egg and beat in milk until batter is smooth.
- Fill greased 12 count muffin tin cups each 1/3 full with batter.
- Place 1 whole plum in each muffin cup. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Pour remaining batter over fruit. Sprinkle top with sugar.
- Bake 20 –25 minutes until raised and brown.
- Remove from pan to serving dishes and spoon sauce over top or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm. Great for breakfast!
- Heat reserved syrup from plums in a small saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir to dissolve.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with cold water until smooth.
- Drizzle slowly into reserved syrup while stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir over heat until thickened.