1 can Oregon Fruit Blueberries or Blackberries, drained - reserve 1/2 cup berry syrup
1 1/2 tablespoons tapioca
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix berry syrup with tapioca, let stand for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in 9" pan and mix into it the sugar, flour, oatmeal, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Remove half of crumb mixture from pan and pat remaining crumbs firmly to form crust.
- Spread berries and tapioca mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on top and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 F
- Serves 6-8