2 cans Oregon Rhubarb in Strawberry Sauce (drained, reserve sauce from 1 can)
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 egg + 1 tablespoon water
Pastry for a double crust, 9-inch pie – We love this one from Food & Wine
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Drain the rhubarb and reserve the syrup from one can.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir the strawberry sauce into the combined cornstarch-sugar mixture and fold gently until incorporated.
- Fill a 9-inch pie pan with one crust and pour in fruit filling.
- Whisk together egg and water in a small bowl.
- Create a lattice top with second crust, sealing the crust edges and brushing the top with the egg wash.
Bake for 40 minutes, then increase heat to 425°F and bake 10 more minutes until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.