4 cans Oregon Fruit Dark Sweet Cherries, drained
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup dry red wine
1 tablespoon Minute tapioca
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup buttermilk
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For Cherry Filling: Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook until cherries are soft, about 4 hours on low.
- For Biscuits: Adjust oven rack to middle of oven and heat oven to 400 F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla together. Gently stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until dough is just combined.
- Divide dough into 6 equal pieces, round gently into biscuits, and place on prepared baking sheet; spaced about 1 ½ inches apart. Mix remaining 2 teaspoons sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over top of biscuits. Bake until biscuits are golden and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. The biscuits can be made 4 to 6 hours ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- To serve, spoon sweet cherry filling into individual serving bowls and top with biscuits.
Makes 6 servings.
*Recipe inspired by Slow Cooker Revolution Cookbook