Tart Cherry and White Chocolate Blondies
Recipe by Meghan Splawn for Oregon Fruit and
Didn’t I Just Feed You
1 (15.1 ounce) can Oregon Fruit Red Tart Cherries, drained well
2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into 1 tablespoon pieces
1 ½ cups packed dark brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extra
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup white chocolate chunks, about 3 ounces
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” baking dish (or quarter sheet tray) with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand-mixer) Beat on low speed until just incorporated. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until the mixture is lightened in color and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and kosher salt to the mixing bowl and beat at low speed for 1 minute.
- Add the white chocolate chunks Oregon Fruit Tart Cherries and gently fold them in. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer (it will be quite thick). Bake until the edges are browned and the top is crackled and shiny, 25 to 28 minutes.
- Cool the blondies in the pan for 15 minutes. Then use the parchment as a sling to move them to a cutting board to cool completely. Cut into 16 squares and serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Makes 18 (2 x 2) inch blondies