Thompson Grapes and Whiskey Sorbet
Recipe and photo credit Abby’s Artisan Adventure.
2 cans Oregon Fruit Thompson Seedless Grapes
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon whiskey
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Drain grapes, reserving remaining juice in a bowl and set aside.
- Place grapes, water, and whiskey into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stir every few minutes to ensure grapes are heating evenly.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and pour into a blender. Pulse until pureed, 12-20 seconds.
- Pour grape mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a heat-proof bowl. Once all the juice has been separated, add in the reserved juice from the can. Add in sugar and corn syrup. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let chill about 1 hour.
- Once cold, pour into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions. Once frozen, place into a container and freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes 4-6 servings