2 cups Oregon Fruit Dark Sweet Cherries
3 gelatin sheets
¼ cup ice water
½ cup white chocolate
2 cups mascarpone cheese
½ cup buttermilk
¼ cup honey
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
½ cup brandy
1/4 teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon minced orange zest
- Place gelatin sheets in a container and then pour ice water over the sheets, let sit for 5- 10 minutes, periodically separating sheets so they don't stick.
- In a double boiler, melt white chocolate and then set aside.
- In another bowl, heat mascarpone, buttermilk and honey over the double boiler. Sir ingredients until they are combined and warm. Slowly stir in the white chocolate.
- Remove gelatin from the water and lightly squeeze the remaining moisture out. Heat the gelatin in a small glass bowl over the boiling water used for the double boiler. When melted, add to the mascarpone mixture.
- Place a silicone muffin pan on a cookie sheet, and pour the mixture into the individual muffin sections, filling it all the way to the top. Freeze the mixture in the silicone muffin pan for about 6 hours.
- In a sauce pot, combine sugar and water. Bring to a bowl and reduce by half or until a light syrup has formed. Add the cherries, brandy, orange zest, and spices together.