1 lb beets (4-6), 1 inch of stems left intact
3 tbsp thinly sliced scallions
2 oz Raspberry Pourable Fruit
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
2 tsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 tbsp finely grated fresh orange zest (from 2 oranges)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
- Cover beets with water by 1 inch in a 2-3 quart saucepan and simmer until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Let stand until cool enough to handle, then slip off and discard skins.
- Cut beets into 1/4-inch -thick slices.
- While beets are cooking, stir together scallions, vinegar, lemon juice to taste, mint, zest, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined. Add Pourable Fruit and whisk well.
- Add warm beets and toss with vinaigrette and vinegar and salt to taste.
- Serve warm or slightly chilled. Makes 4 servings