1 can Oregon Fruit Blackberries, drained
1 (1 inch) piece ginger peeled and sliced into coins
2 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Hoisin sauce
4 4-5oz salmon filets
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Non-stick spray or Olive Oil
- In small sauce pan on medium heat add the Blackberries, ginger coins, lemon juice and Hoisin sauce, heat to a slow boil for 15 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thicken.
- Preheat the oven broiler to High.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (spray the foil with non-stick spray or drizzle a little olive oil).
- Pat salmon filets dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish skin-side down on the baking sheet.
- Brush a thin layer of the blackberry glaze onto the salmon. Place the fish under the broiler for 3 minutes. Remove from the Broiler and brush an additional thin layer of glaze on the fish, place back into the broiler for additional 3-5 minutes. Once cooked, the salmon should flake when pressed with a fork, but not be dry.
- Serve with the remainder of sauce drizzled over each filet.
Makes 4 servings