1 can Oregon Fruit Blueberries, drained
5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt, divided
4 4-5 oz salmon filets
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small sauce pot, add the canned blueberries, thyme, sugar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp of salt. Place over medium heat. Boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The blueberries will release their juices, and the sauce will reduce and thicken.
- In the meantime, place an oven rack 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat oven broiler to high. Optional: line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pat salmon filets dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides of fish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the fish skin-side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush a thin layer of the blueberry glaze onto the salmon. Place the fish under the broiler for three minutes. Brush an additional thin layer of glaze on the fish. Place back under the broiler for an additional 3-5 minutes. Once cooked, the salmon should flake when pressed with a fork, but not be dry.
- Serves four.