Blueberry BBQ Sauce
2 cans Oregon Specialty Fruit Blueberries, drained, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
3/4 cup natural ketchup
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp stone ground mustard
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 4 total
16 mini slider buns
- For the BBQ sauce, bring all ingredients, including the ¼ cup reserved blueberry juice to a gentle boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and blend in a high-speed blender. Makes a little over 2 cups of sauce.
- Place chicken breasts into a slow cooker with ¾ cup blueberry sauce. Cook on high for 6 hours.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the slaw and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and allow flavors to combine. (Slaw can be made a day ahead)
- Remove chicken from slow cooker onto a plate. Shred chicken using 2 forks. Drain the juices from the slow cooker and place the chicken back into it. Add 1 cup bbq sauce to the shredded chicken. Toss to coat.
- Serve the bbq chicken and slaw on toasted slider buns with extra bbq sauce and jalapenos. Enjoy.