1 sheet puff pastry
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp white pepper
1 15 oz. can Oregon Specialty Fruit Blueberries, drained
8 oz. crumbled goat cheese
3 Tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add thinly sliced fennel (only use the white part), and saute fennel until softened and translucent on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add salt, pepper, and 2 Tbps. fresh thyme
- Unfold one puff pastry sheet onto an ungreased baking sheet (or parchment lined). Roll to the edges.
- Add crumbled goat cheese, cooked fennel, and 3/4 can of drained Oregon blueberries. Fold the edges over 1 inch.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 min or until golden brown. Top with remaining fresh thyme; allow to cool before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.