4 crusty French sandwich rolls
4 ounces chevre (goat) cheese
1 can Oregon Pitted Dark Sweet Cherries, drained, chopped
1/4 C lowfat mayonnaise
1 T each Dijon-style mustard and chopped fresh basil
8 ounces thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
2 C baby spinach leaves
- Slice sandwich rolls in half horizontally, leaving one long side attached.
- Spread one ounce cheese on cut side of bottom half of each roll.
- Combine cherries, mayonnaise, mustard and basil; mix well.
- Spread 3 to 4 tablespoons cherry mixture on cut side of top half of each roll.
- For each sandwich arrange 2 ounces turkey on cheese and top with 1/2 cup spinach leaves.
Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Substitute one 12-ounce loaf baguette for sandwich rolls.
- Substitute ham for turkey and Swiss or Cheddar cheese for chevre cheese.
- Substitute leafy lettuce for spinach.
- Omit turkey. Mix 4 ounces chevre cheese with 1/3 cup chopped Kalamata olives and 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, before spreading on rolls.