1 can Oregon Fruit products Red Tart Cherries, Drained
1 lb bacon
2 cups shallots, finely chopped
1/2c sweet onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Chile Powder
1/4tsp smoked paprika
1/2c maple syrup
1/3c brown sugar
2T balsamic glaze
- Drain the cherries, chop and set aside. Cook bacon in skillet until browned. Drain on paper towels. Leave 2 T of bacon drippings in pan. Add shallots and onion cook over medium heat until they start to caramelize. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add seasonings and stir to combine. Increase heat to high and pour in Bourbon and maple syrup.
- Bring to boil. Stir constantly and scrape pan to loosen bacon bits. Continue to boil 2-3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and cook for 3 minutes.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and stir into pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until thick and jam like. Remove from heat. Add cherries and balsamic glaze and stir well. Transfer to jars and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serving suggestion: Top biscuits, toast, serve on sandwiches. Makes approx. 2 cups.