1 pound lean, grass-fed ground beef
2 cans Oregon Dark Sweet Cherries, drained and halved
1/4 cup chopped shallots
2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
3.4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 T Balsamic Glaze
4 whole wheat hamburger buns
4 large lettuce leaves
- Combine ground beef, one cup of halved cherries, shallots, basil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well and form meat into 4 patties.
- Barbecue patties over medium heat, about 15 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking for medium doneness.
- While burgers are cooking, toss one cup of halved cherries in balsamic glaze. Place them on the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 15 minutes.
- As burgers approach doneness, place 1-2 slices of brie on beef. Let it melt.
- Toast hamburger buns over barbecue grill if desired. Place lettuce leaf on bottom half of hamburger bun, beef patty on lettuce and top with balsamic roasted cherries.