1 can Oregon Pitted Dark Sweet Cherries
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons hot mustard
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup dried tart cherries
6 (6 1/2 ounces each) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper to taste
6 rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the glaze: Drain the pitted dark sweet cherries; reserve 1/4 cup of cherry syrup.
- In a blender, puree the drained cherries until smooth.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic until soft; add the cherry puree, reserved 1/4 cup cherry juice, honey, vinegar, mustard, ginger, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir until smooth. Add dried cherries; simmer 5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken breasts in foil-lined baking pan; season with salt and pepper to taste. Brush chicken lightly with cherry glaze; reserve remaining glaze. Cover the pan with foil and bake chicken at 350 degrees for 20 minutes; brush with additional glaze and bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes longer or until chicken is done. Chicken should no longer be pink and reach an internal temperature of 165° F.
To serve, pour 2 tablespoons warm reserved glaze over each chicken breast and garnish with a rosemary sprig.