For the Glaze:
1 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup Raspberry Oregon Pourable Fruit
For the Game Hens:
2 game hens
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add orange juice, orange zest, and cranberries and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse game hens, remove giblets, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub olive oil over both game hens.
- Lightly salt and pepper.
- Brush a light amount of the glaze (about 1/4 of the glaze) over each game hen.
- Place hens on a roasting pan or on a shallow baking pan and roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the Oregon Pourable Fruit to the glaze in the saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- After the game hens have been in the oven for 25 minutes, brush the remaining glaze over both game hens. Return to the oven and roast for an additional 30-35 minutes, until hens are cooked and skin is golden and slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven and rest on a plate for about 10-15 minutes before slicing into and serving.