Braised Pork Belly:
4 slabs pork belly, trimmed
TT Kosher salt
TT black pepper, fresh cracked
Maple Jalapeno Blackberry Gastrique:
12 C maple syrup
6 jalapeno, small diced
9 C apple cider vinegar
6 C Oregon Specialty Fruit Canned Blackberries
TT sea salt
1 recipe Slow cooked pork belly
31/2 lbs goat cheese, whipped
1 recipe Maple Jalapeno Blackberry Gastrique
3 C Mint, chiffonade
- Preheat over to 225°F.
- Liberally salt & pepper meat, top and bottom.
- Place on sheet pan, cover with plastic wrap and let marinade for an hour.
- Place in oven and slow cook for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and foil. Keep in cooler until ready for use.
- Combine all ingredients in sauce pan.
- Let simmer until sauce is reduced by 1/3.
- Let cool and store in Cambro until ready for use.
- Preheat convection oven to 325F.
- Place slow cooked pork belly on sheet pan and cook to crisp.
- Remove from oven and slice into bite-size pieces Skewer each piece and top with goat cheese, Gastrique, and mint.