1 can Oregon Fruit Dark Sweet Cherries
6 slices crusty, toasted bread
Butter or olive oil
1 small container Mascarpone (9 ounces)
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1-2 tablespoons lemon rind
- Drain the cherries, reserving the juice.
- Reduce cherry juice on the stovetop over medium to medium low heat for 10-15 minutes. It should thicken into a syrupy consistency.
- Cut cherries in half.
- Toast the bread with butter or olive oil.
- While the bread toasts, whip mascarpone with lemon juice and cream.
- Spread Mascarpone thickly on toast and top with Dark Sweet Cherries.
- Sprinkle shaved almonds, fresh mint, grated lemon rind and juice and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!