Dark Cherry Salsa:
1 can Oregon Specialty FruitTM
Dark Sweet Cherries drained and chopped
1 Jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
1 Large tomato, chopped
3/8 cup Red onion, finely chopped
2 Tbs. Balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/2 Lime, juiced
1/4 cup Basil or cilantro, finely chopped
4 Tbs. Toasted sesame oil
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tbs. Fresh ginger, grated
1/4 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup Brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. Black pepper
1/4 cup Hot water
12-14 Small corn or flour tortillas
1-1/4 lbs. Flank, hanger or sirloin steak
1 cup Thinly shredded cabbage
Miso salad dressing
1/3 cup Sour cream
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbs. Gochujang sauce
2 tsp. Lime juice
- Thinly slice beef against the grain and place in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all marinade ingredients until sugar dissolves.
- Pour marinade over meat and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours minimum or overnight for best results. Let meat stand at room temperature for 30-minutes before cooking.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on high heat. Add meat and sauté without stirring for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir then continue cooking an additional 3-5 minutes until fully cooked;
liquid has evaporated and the sauce has caramelized on the beef.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of Miso style salad dressing to shredded cabbage. Stir well and set aside.
- For Gochujang sauce, stir all ingredients together and transfer finished sauce to a squeeze bottle
- For Dark Cherry Salsa, mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Toast tortillas on a hot dry skillet
- Drizzle a small amount of sauce on the toasted tortilla. Place slaw on tortilla, add slices of meat, and top with Dark Sweet Cherry Salsa. Serve with a lime wedge.
Serves: 4-6 servings, Prep Time: 20 min.