1 can Oregon Purple Plums
2 T margerine
1 onion, finely chopped
1/3 C brown sugar
1/4 C prepared tomato-based chili sauce
2 T soy sauce
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp lemon juice
2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain the plums and reserve the syrup. Remove the pits from the plums.
- In a blender or food processor, whirl the plums and syrup until pureed.
- Melt margarine in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Stir in the plum puree, brown sugar, chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger and lemon juice.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring often until slightly thickened. About 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, basting with plum sauce every 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over and bake, basting occasionally, for 30 more minutes.
- Heat the remaining sauce and pass it at the table.