1 can Oregon Specialty Fruit™ Rhubarb in Strawberry Sauce
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup dark brown sugar
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
¼ cup sour cream
1 large egg
1 tablespoon raw sugar (may substitute granulated sugar)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- Drain rhubarb and reserve strawberry sauce, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, and salt until combined. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, sour cream, and the strawberry sauce. Stir the sour cream mixture into the dry ingredients with a spatula until batter comes together; do not overmix. Gently fold in rhubarb. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake until the muffins are golden-brown, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and let muffins cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Carefully lift muffins out of the pan and let them cool another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm, with softened butter, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.