1 can Oregon Specialty Fruit™ Plums, drained
1 Tbs. Olive oil for drizzling
3 Tbs. balsamic glaze, divided
2 sprigs of rosemary leaves, roughly chopped, plus leaves for garnish
1 Tbs. Butter
1/2 large, sweet onion, thinly sliced
16-20 slices of baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick
Log of goat cheese, room temperature
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Halve & pit plums.
- Place plums, cut side up on a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and 2 Tbs. balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Roast 10-12 minutes or until plums are sizzling. Once plums are finished cooking, remove them from the oven.
- While the plums are baking, place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and coat the bottom of the pan with butter. Add the onions. Sprinkle with salt and stir to coat. Cook the onions for a minute or two without stirring. Continue cooking until they start to brown (usually about 10 minutes), add the remaining 1 Tbs. of balsamic glaze. Stir once more to coat.
- Place bread on the baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and let cool to touch.
- Spread each toast with goat cheese. Top with caramelized onions, place Plum halves cut side up on each toast, drizzle each toast lightly with honey, and sprinkle with Rosemary (optional).
Makes 8-10 servings.