1 can Oregon Specialty Fruit Dark Sweet Cherries
3 T olive oil
2 T finely chopped shallots
2 T chopped fresh tarragon
1 T fresh lemon juice
¾ tsp finely grated lemon peel
¾ C chopped pecans
1 large egg
1 T water
1-11 oz. log soft goat cheese cut into 6 rounds
6 C mixed baby greens
1 C pecan halves
½ C fresh fennel bulb cut into strips
- Drain cherries and set aside. Reserve juice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk olive oil, shallots, tarragon, lemon juice, lemon peel and 2 Tablespoons of reserved
cherry juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pecans on a plate
- Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl.
- Turn goat cheese rounds in egg mixture the coat with pecans.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until cheese is warm but not melted, about 10-
- Combine greens, cherries, pecans and fennel in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide salad among 6 plates.
- Please cheese round on each plate and serve.