8 to 12 ounces boned chicken, skinned and cut into bite-sized strips
1 egg, beaten
6 T cornstarch, divided
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp pepper
2 T vegetable oil
1 can Oregon Thompson Seedless Grapes*
1/4 C water
1/3 C sugar
1/2 c white vinegar
2 green onions, thinly sliced into lengthwise strips
* Oregon pitted Dark Sweet Cherries or Royal Anne Cherries may be substituted.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt; dip into egg.
- Combine 5 tablespoons cornstarch, ginger and pepper; mix well.
- Dip chicken into cornstarch mixture.
- Pan-fry in oil until fully cooked and golden or about 8 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Drain cherries; reserve syrup.
- In saucepan combine 3/4 cup syrup, water, sugar, vinegar, remaining cornstarch and salt. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils; cook 1 minute longer. Add fruit and heat thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over chicken. Garnish with green onions.
Makes 4 servings.