1 can Oregon Light Sweet Cherries
1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and cubed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 orange, peeled and sliced
1 whole allspice
1 whole clove
1 large cinnamon stick
3/4 cup sparkling cider or club soda
Few drops red food color (optional)
- Drain cherries; reserve 3/4 cup syrup.
- Toss apple cubes with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Cut orange slices into half©rounds.
- Combine reserved cherry syrup and spices; simmer gently, covered, 20 minutes.
- Cool and strain spices.
- Pour cooled syrup over fruits; refrigerate several hours.
- Stir in cider or club soda and food color.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 servings.