1 C ready-made broccoli slaw
3 green onions, chopped, include 1 inch of tops
1 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1 T Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce (Roasted Garlic flavor)
3/4 C panko crumbs
1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 egg white - lightly beaten
cooking spray - butter flavored
3/4 C chicken broth - divided
3/4 C dark raisins
1 can Oregon Purple Plums, drain and remove pits
1/4 C honey
2 T Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce (Roasted Garlic flavor)
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 T creamy peanut butter
4 servings hot cooked white rice, prepared following package directions
1/4 C coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking pan with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Combine broccoli slaw and onion in food processor; chop to coarse consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add turkey, salt, pepper, teriyaki marinade, panko crumbs, ginger and egg white to bowl. Mix ingredients until blended.
- Form 24 meatballs about 1-inch thick each.
- Spray foil lined pan with cooking spray. Place meatballs 2-inches apart on baking pan; lightly spray meatballs with cooking spray.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine 3 tbsp chicken broth and raisins in food processor; process mixture until coarsely chopped.
- Add Oregon plums; puree to almost smooth then transfer mixture to a 2-qt. saucepan.
- Add remaining broth, honey, teriyaki marinade, ginger and peanut butter to saucepan. Stir together. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and simmer until meatballs have baked.
- Add baked meatballs to sauce then increase heat to medium-low. Cook 15 minutes for flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
Serve over a bed of hot white rice and sprinkle with peanuts.
Makes 4 servings