1 can Oregon Gooseberries, drain and reserve juice
½ cup gooseberry juice
3 large lemons
Mint leaves from 3 springs, plus extra to serve
Ice and sparkling water, to serve
- Using a vegetable peeler, pare away a few long strips of lemon zest and reserve for garnish.
- Squeeze lemons to give about 4 oz of juice.
- Mix together gooseberries, gooseberry juice, lemon juice and mint. Muddle or mash until well blended.
- Strain through a sieve, pressing the flesh well to extract the juices, then chill thoroughly.
- To serve, dilute 4 tablespoons of the gooseberry base with 4 oz sparkling water (or to taste).
- Serve with ice, lemon peel and mint if desired.