1 can Oregon Fruit Rhubarb in Strawberry Sauce
8 oz Reposado Tequila
8 oz Homemade Sour Mix (https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/homemade-sweet-and-sour-mix-for-margaritas-200594)
Handful of fresh cilantro
1 fresh jalapeno, chopped finely (plus extra jalapeno for garnish)
- Work in batches to make cocktails 2 at a time.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together heaping 2 tablespoons of Rhubarb in Strawberry syrup, with 1 teaspoon of chopped jalapeno, and a few springs of fresh cilantro.
- Pour a dash of the syrup from the can into the mix.
- Pour in half of the tequila and sour mix, and shake vigorously with ice.
- Strain and pour into a salt rimmed glass. Add a few ice cubes, if desired.
- Garnish with a couple of slices of rhubarb, fresh jalapeno, and a lime wedge. For an extra tart margarita, squeeze a little extra fresh lime juice into the drink.
- Repeat process to make the last two margaritas.
Makes 4 margaritas